Aptitude Dates 2020 Update –
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 we have postponed all Aptitude Dates until further notice. Core courses are running but we are limiting the number of visitors we have onboard. Please email us to be added to a list and we will notify you once they are up and running again.
For those serious about a career as a commercial diver, the opportunity to visit us and undertake an open water dive in equipment actually used in industry is invaluable. A brief itinerary will be to arrive in Fowey or Plymouth, for 0800, transfer to the vessels for a briefing with instructors / supervisors.
The one day program includes the following:
- A tour of our vessels and onboard facilities
- Course administration (including medical questionnaire, if not already completed)
- A brief history of commercial diving and associated legislation
- Industry overview, including the role of the diver, both inshore and offshore
- CDT course descriptions detailing practical and theoretical content
- Information on additional “back ground” training useful to potential commercial diver trainees
- Measurement for dry suit (should you decide to book with us on the HSE Air Diver Package)
- Basic math’s and English written exams (if required)
- Surface Supplied Diving Equipment familiarization
- Dive brief
- Dive in Surface Supplied Diving Equipment
- Dive tending
- Dive de-brief
- Course results, conducted on an individual basis, discussing results and suitability to attend further training
The cost of the day is free but it is intended for those who ae serious about a career within the commercial diving industry.
For more details, please email email@example.com.