For those serious about a career as a commercial diver, the opportunity to visit us and undertake an open water dive in equipment actually used in industry is invaluable.
The one day programme includes the following:
- Course administration (including medical questionnaire, if not already completed)
- A brief history of commercial diving and associated legislation
- Industry overview, including the role of the diver, both inshore and offshore
- CDT course descriptions detailing practical and theoretical content
- Information on additional “back ground” training useful to the potential commercial diver trainees
- Measurement for dry suit
- Recompression chamber introduction
- Surface Supplied Diving Equipment familiarization
- Dive brief
- Dive in Surface Supplied Diving Equipment
- Dive tending
- Dive de-brief
- Course results, conducted on an individual basis, discussing results and suitability to attend further training
Wannabee diver having a ‘try before you buy’ moment!
The Aptitude test is a two way process. Individuals have the opportunity to establish if commercial diving is the career for them, and that CDT is their training provider of choice.
CDT will not offer training to everyone. The quality of our programmes is directly affected by the quality of our intake. We aim to provide the most comprehensive training package at every level, for every student, and we will not train individuals simply because they can afford to pay the fees. Every graduate must have a high likelihood of passing our course and gaining worthwhile employment within the industry
CDT’s reputation is based upon the quality of our programmes, our facilities and our Instructors and Assessors.
Graduates of CDT programmes become valuable members of any diving contractor’s team, from the first day of employment.
For more information or to book a place please email email@example.com.
ALL DATES ARE MONDAY-FRIDAY
2020 Dates – 06th March – 24th March, 20th May – 10th June, 22nd July – 12th August 2020.
The Aptitude Days will either be in Fowey or Plymouth.
If you cannot make the dates available, please email us and we can arrange a visit during course time.